In AXIS OS 10.10 we have restructured the AXIS Object Analytics and Motion Object Tracking Engine (MOTE) metadata producers.
- AXIS Object Analytics is not the producer for object classification metadata anymore.
- AXIS Object Analytics will continue to work as an ACAP that provides its own events and detections.
- A new firmware component replaces the AXIS Object Analytics ACAP as metadata producer. This new producer will continue to use <Source="objectanalytics"> in the metadata frames and it will use the metadata producer name “Axis object analytics” in the 10.10 release.
Note: The names “objectanalytics” and “Axis object analytics” will likely be deprecated and replaced by other names in a later release to distinguish the metadata producer from the Axis Object Analytics ACAP. The Axis Object Analytics ACAP will remain unchanged.
The configuration of the metadata producers changes.
- It is now possible to configure the metadata producers via VAPIX, using the Analytics Metadata Producer Configuration API, or the ONVIF Analytics API.
- There is a new section in the WebGUI.
Note: Metadata configuration page is only available in the new GUI. See WebGUI under System -> Metadata to configure the metadata producers.
The metadata analytics stream now supports enabling several metadata producers at the same time.
- Frames from all enabled producers are interleaved in the stream. The timestamps of frames from different producers are not guaranteed to increase between each frame, only between each frame from the same producer.
- Axis video motion tracker metadata producer will be enabled as the factory default.
- Axis video motion tracker may also be referred to as MOTE. It only provides bounding boxes and polygons.
Note: From 10.9, Axis video motion tracker frame elements includes <Source="VideoMotionTracker">. Before 10.9 no source was included in the frame elements.
When upgrading from 10.6 – 10.8 the enabled metadata producer will be configured according to the run status of the AXIS Object Analytics ACAP.
- AXIS Object Analytics ACAP = On, results in the Axis object analytics metadata producer being enabled after the upgrade.
- AXIS Object Analytics ACAP = Off, results in the Axis video motion tracker metadata producer being enabled after the upgrade.