1. Definition, use and advantages
- Find out what fiber optics are, and how and why they’re used.
- Learn about the physics of light transmission in fiber-optic cables. Explore how fiber-optics work in a communication system and learn about transmitters, receivers, and LED types.
- Learn about materials and cable sizes.
- Understand the difference between multi-mode and single-mode fiber types.
5. Components and connectors
- Familiarize yourself with some core components and connectors.
6. Fiber optics in Axis products
- Find out how Axis products support fiber optics in standard topologies and optimize system integration.
- Take a quiz with questions on all of the topics above. Alternatively, you can choose to take this quiz at the beginning of the course to identify which areas you need to work on most.