Smart technology puts patients in focus
Axis solutions for healthcare have long played a central role in protecting people and property. But these days they can do a whole lot more. Our intelligent video, access control and audio solutions are enabling forward-thinking healthcare institutions around the world to apply new technology in lots of exciting, unexpected ways.
Improve hospital safety and security
With safety and security at the core of our offering, Axis has a broad portfolio of solutions to protect patients, staff, visitors and property. We offer secure, reliable protection suitable for any hospital environment – from the operating room to the parking garage.
- Safeguard hospital staff from workplace violence
- Prevent drug diversion and supply theft
- Protect infants from abduction or mix-ups
- Restrict unwanted visitor access
- Communicate hospital-wide with public address
- Visualize and communicate with those in distress
Keep an eye on high-risk patients
With heavy patient loads and reduced staffing in many of today’s hospitals, it is simply not possible to provide continuous physical monitoring for all critically ill and high-risk patients. With Axis video cameras, you can securely monitor multiple patients remotely or from a central nursing station using a variety of HIPAA compliant, closed system, live viewing solutions designed to strike the right balance between privacy and clarity for your clinical needs.
- Continuously monitor critical care patients
- Add live images and two-way communication to nurse call technology
- Replace patient sitters with virtual patient watch
- Get better fall detection
- Remotely assess patients in ambulance
- Promote independent living with home health care monitoring
Increase hospital operations and services
Over-crowding, inefficient patient flow and hospital acquired infections are just a few of the operational challenges that can negatively impact a hospital’s reputation and leave them vulnerable to costly litigation. Smart hospitals are applying technology to meet these challenges and improve operational efficiency, patient satisfaction and overall profitability.
- Monitor processes and staff compliance
- Improve patient flow and service-cycle time
- Virtually connect new parents with their babies in the NICU
- Create a more humanized environment with background music
Advance clinical medicine
Visual observations and medical consultation have always been vital to ensure a correct diagnosis and good patient outcome. Medical professionals can now use connected audio and video to improve their diagnostic capabilities, perfect their clinical skills and teamwork, and advance the science of medicine.
- Use video to aid in remote diagnosis
- Record medical skills training and assessment
- Broadcast cutting-edge surgical technique to a worldwide medical community
- Protect and document clinical research findings
Copenhagen emergency services uses innovative Axis technology to streamline their life saving workRead more