AXIS 231D Network Dome Camera
- Full frame rate: up to 30/25 frames per second for all resolutions up to 704x480 (NTSC) and 768x576 (PAL)
- Supports simultaneous streams of Motion JPEG and MPEG-4. De-interlacing in 4CIF resolution
- Built-in 18x optical + 12x digital zoom lens with auto focus
- Operates down to 0.3 lux (F1.4 - 30 IRE); provides useful video under most indoor or outdoor light conditions
- Built-in video motion detection (the functionality is disabled during pan, tilt, zoom)
- Scheduled and triggered event functionality with preset call-up and alarm notification via e-mail, TCP, HTTP and upload of images via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
- I/O: 4 alarm inputs + 4 alarm outputs
- Strong security package with HTTPS for encrypted communication, IP address filtering and multi-level password protection
- SNMP (SNMPv1/v2c/v3 MIB-II) support for network management
- 20 preset positions, PTZ control queue, guard tour
- Indoor ceiling mounts included
Ideal for professional surveillance applications
The AXIS 231D Network Dome Camera offers pan/tilt/zoom control over IP networks such as a LAN or the Internet. It is ideal for demanding surveillance and remote monitoring applications.
The AXIS 231D delivers superior quality Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 video in light conditions down to 0.3 lux. It features an 18x optical zoom, autofocus lens, with a fast and accurate pan/tilt function. As with all true domes, it enables a continuous 360-degree pan operation and supports 20 preset positions and guard tour.
The AXIS 231D offers 4 alarm inputs and 4 alarm outputs, in addition to advanced event management functionalities. It also provides a complete set of security features such as HTTPS and IP address filtering.
Axis products are supported by the industry's largest base of video management software for managing and recording video, and integrating alarm and access control systems.
AXIS 231D: Product interface
Below is a snapshot of the Web interface for the AXIS 231D Network Dome Camera.
The AXIS 231D provides 360-degree continuous rotation, 90-degree tilt, 18x optical zoom and 20 preset positions and one sequence for quick pan/tilt/zoom to specific areas of interest.
What you need:
- A regular straight Category 5 or 6 Ethernet cable
- An available port on your hub, switch or router
The AXIS 231D is designed for installation on an Ethernet network. This involves assigning it an IP address, automatically or manually. Depending on how your network is configured, the following methods may be used:
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- AXIS IP Utility for Windows
- From a command prompt, arp -s and ping may be used