80 Service (0xxx) on HP printers with AXIS HP MIO or AFP MIO
- The error message 80 Service (00xx) on the front panel of the printer
means that the printer controller and the MIO card disagree about the current internal
status. Most common messages are 0009 and 001F.
- Normally this error message should never be shown.
- If this message occur, power off-on normally clears the problem.
- AXIS HP MIO with firmware below 1.10 sometimes shows this message.
- AXIS AFP MIO Tx in production batch GK0001-GK0100 with Altera chip
marked H9532 did not boot correctly in HP4V.
- AXIS AFP MIO sometimes need to have the Flash card reprogrammed.
- AXIS AFP MIO running in HP5Si should be upgraded to 1.02 to support
- Some versions of the HP IIISi printer needs firmware upgrade to solve
the 'Service 80' error message.
- Some HP printers are more sensitive than others to display this message.
- AXIS HP MIO gives this during reprogramming of the flash memory.
- AXIS AFP can cause this during printout of complex IPDS data. More
memory on the AXIS AFP might help.
Suggestions for trouble shooting if this message still occur:
- Make sure that the printer is properly grounded. Use only grounded power outlet
- Make sure that the power is stable and sufficient, don't use too many extension cables
- Make sure that all coax and twinax cables are securely connected
- If twinax: make sure that there is no ground loops as the twinax shield and earth are
connected in the interface/printer
- If twisted pair cabling is used make sure that the connections are ok and that no noisy
high voltage electrical cables are close.
- Make sure that static discharge is eliminated near the printer
- Lightning protection on the coax and twinax cable might improve
- More memory might help in some HP printers