AXIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This License Agreement is a legal agreement between you (either individual or an entity) and Axis Communications AB (hereinafter referred to as Axis) for the licensing of AXIS Cross Line Detection application and any related documentation thereto, developed and owned by Axis (the “SOFTWARE”). Through clicking on the “I Accept” button, or by downloading, installing, activating or copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. The Agreement will become effective when you activate the SOFTWARE either (a) through the registration of an applicable license code purchased from Axis or an Axis appointed distributor (“License Code”) and the subsequent installation of the license key obtained via such registration or (b) through the installation of an applicable trial key obtained from Axis, valid for a fixed term determined by Axis (“Trial Key”). Please ensure that you have carefully read and properly understood the entire Agreement before agreeing to its terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, click the “I Don’t Accept” button and the downloading process will be suspended.
NOTE: You do not have any rights whatsoever to the SOFTWARE under this Agreement prior to the activation of the SOFTWARE through the registration of a License Code or a Trial Key, except for the right to download the SOFTWARE to your hard disk.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all applicable laws and regulations, Axis grants to you the non-exclusive right to sell, distribute, install and use the SOFTWARE solely on the maximum number of units of Axis products corresponding to the number of units for which the License Code or Trial Key is valid. The SOFTWARE is in "use" on a product when it is loaded into temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or installed into permanent memory (i.e. flash) of that product. You will not be able to use the SOFTWARE unless and until you have registered the applicable License Code and installed the license key obtained via such registration or installed a Trial Key. If you are using the SOFTWARE under the control of a Trial Key, you may use the SOFTWARE only for internal evaluation purposes and only for the duration of the fixed term, which is controlled by the Trial Key for the SOFTWARE. As a licensee, you are responsible for all your activities with respect to the SOFTWARE. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Axis or its licensors, as applicable.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. The SOFTWARE contains copyright protected material, trade secrets and other proprietary information and material of Axis and/or its licensor(s), if any, and is protected by copyright laws, international copyright treaties and trade secret laws, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
Specifically, the SOFTWARE is licensed under U.S. Patent No. 6,696,945 and 6,970,083.
The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold to you, and it can only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You agree that you will not mortgage, pledge or encumber the SOFTWARE in any way. Axis and/or its licensors retain all title and ownership in and to the proprietary rights pertaining to the SOFTWARE, including all intellectual property rights, and copies thereof. You must treat the SOFTWARE like any other copyrighted material (e.g. a book or a musical recording) except that you may either (a) make a copy of the SOFTWARE solely for backup or archival purposes or (b) transfer the SOFTWARE to a single hard disk provided you keep the original solely for backup purposes. This Agreement does explicitly not grant permission to use the company name, trade names, trademarks, service marks or product names of Axis, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the SOFTWARE.
You acknowledge and agree that some portions of the SOFTWARE may be based on industry recognized standards and that certain third parties may claim to own patents or other intellectual property rights that covers the implementation of those standards. You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement does not convey any license to any such third party intellectual property rights and, further, that Axis disclaims from any liability whatsoever for any actual or alleged intellectual property infringement claims from any third party that relate to your use of the SOFTWARE. You also acknowledge and agree that the SOFTWARE may contain proprietary third party software and/or software that are subject to open source licenses which may be subject to notices and/or additional terms and conditions. By accepting this Agreement, you are also accepting such additional terms and conditions, if any.
3. OTHER RESTRICTIONS. Except as expressly authorized in this Agreement, you may not copy, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense the SOFTWARE, in whole or in part. You may not alter, modify, adapt, translate, deface, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the SOFTWARE, except and only to the minimum extent permitted by applicable law.
4. DISTRIBUTION. Any sale or distribution of the SOFTWARE is subject to the following: (a) you are solely responsible for any update or support obligations or other liabilities which may arise for your sale or distribution of the SOFTWARE or your services in relation to the SOFTWARE. Axis is under no circumstances responsible for support to any third parties; (b) you may not make any statement that your product or service is certified by Axis or that the performance is guaranteed by Axis; (c) you shall not use the trade names, trademarks, service marks or product name of Axis to market your product or service without Axis’ prior written consent; (d) you shall prohibit disassembly and reverse engineering of the SOFTWARE; and (e) you shall indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Axis and its licensors from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees, that arise or result from your distribution of the SOFTWARE.
5. UPDATES AND UPGRADES. In the event that Axis at its discretion decides to make any standard update, enhancement or upgrade or new version of the SOFTWARE or any of its components (“Update”), Axis will make information regarding such Update available on Axis website. By installing, copying or otherwise using any Update that may be provided by Axis, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement with respect to such Update. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Axis reserves the right to apply other terms and conditions for any future Updates of the SOFTWARE, which terms and conditions you must accept separately in order to receive a license for such Updates.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement and the license granted hereunder becomes effective when you activate the SOFTWARE through (a) the registration of a License Code and the subsequent installation of the license key obtained via such registration or (b) through the installation of a Trial Key and will remain in effect (i) for the fixed term for which the Trial Key is valid if you have activated the SOFTWARE with a Trial Key, or (ii) until terminated if you have activated the SOFTWARE through the registration of a License Code. Your rights under this Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Axis if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement. Upon the termination or expiration of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the SOFTWARE and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the SOFTWARE.
7. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be deemed performed in and shall be construed by the laws of Sweden.
8. DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE IS DELIVERED “AS IS” (Swe: befintligt skick) WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE USE, RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AXIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF ANY PROPOSAL, SPECIFICATION OR SAMPLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE. AXIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY AXIS OR AN AXIS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AXIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING THE SALE, PURCHASE, DELIVERY, USE OR OTHER DISPOSITION OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF AXIS HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR IF SUCH DAMAGE COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED. SUCH LIMITATION ON DAMAGES INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR SOFTWARE, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER GOODS. AXIS TOTAL LIABILITY WITH THE SALE, PURCHASE, DELIVERY AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. IN NO EVENT WILL AXIS BE LIABLE FOR THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Axis relating to the SOFTWARE. This Agreement supersedes all prior communications, proposals and representations with respect to the SOFTWARE or any other subject matter covered by this Agreement.
11. AMENDMENTS. Axis reserves the right to amend the specific terms of the license regarding the SOFTWARE at any time and at its sole discretion by publishing the revised Agreement on the Axis website. The revised Agreement shall become effective within thirty (30) days following such publication, unless you expressly accept the revised Agreement at any point earlier by clicking on the accept button. Your express acceptance or your continued use of the SOFTWARE after expiry of the notice period of thirty (30) days shall constitute your acceptance to be bound by the terms and conditions of the revised Agreement. You can find the latest version of this Agreement at