AXIS 2420 Network Camera & AXIS 2420-IR Sensitive
Discontinued product, supported until 2008-09-01 00:00:00.0
Please see the user manual for the product’s technical specifications.
- In-image motion detection
- Applications for event-triggered alarm messaging
- Remote storage of images
- Analog video output
- Support for Pan/Tilt/Zoom devices
- DC-Iris control
- Black and white infrared sensitive version
- Wide range of video management software from Axis and its Application Development Partners
- Works with the AXIS 2191 Audio Module
- Wireless connectivity with the SMC2870W Wireless Bridge
- No need for power outlets and electrical cabling using Power over Ethernet products
- Outdoor Housing
- Low light surveillance with an IR Illuminator
For indoor or outdoor applications
The AXIS 2420 is the first surveillance camera to offer future-proof digital security solutions, as well as backward compatibility with traditional analog CCTV systems.
Using Motion JPEG image format, the camera guarantees high quality motion and still images at all times, regardless of the bandwidth restrictions on the network.
The AXIS 2420 connects directly to a local area network or the Internet and is all that is needed to receive high quality streaming video through a standard Web browser. To complement existing analog cameras, it can simultaneously plug into an analog surveillance system via its video output connector.
For surveillance in low light or night-time conditions, the AXIS 2420-IR Sensitive version offers black and white video using infrared technology. This is the world's first completely networked infrared-sensitive camera. Used in combination with an IR Illuminator, it offers access to high quality images 24 hours a day -- even in complete darkness.
AXIS 2420: System overview
The AXIS 2420 Network Camera integrates into analog CCTV systems as well as computer networks. To complement existing analog cameras, it can simultaneously plug into an analog surveillance system via its video output connector.