AXIS 206W Wireless Network Camera
Discontinued product, supported until 2008-09-01Please see the user manual for the product's technical specifications.
- Superior image quality using advanced video processing and the latest high quality, progressive scan CMOS image sensor, which works in light conditions down to 4 lux at 8 frames per second
- Up to 30 frames/sec in all resolutions ranging up to 640x480
- Wireless operation via Wi-Fi compliant 802.11b (reach of up to 450 ft./150 m with clear line of sight) enables easy installation without the need for networking cables; hence, there is no port for an Ethernet cable
- Supports WEP encryption of 64 or 128 bits
- Support for WPA-PSK (WiFi Protected Access) security
- Built-in Web server enables use of a standard Web browser for viewing and management
- Up to 10 viewers can directly access the camera simultaneously
- Web product interface available in multiple languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Security: multi-user level password protection to restrict camera access
- AXIS Camera Explorer video management software included for easy viewing, management and recording
- Easy installation using the free AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service or the Windows-based AXIS IP Utility software
For more details, see Product info (Data sheet)
The smallest, wireless network camera in the world
The AXIS 206W Wireless Network Camera is so small, you can place it in virtually any indoor location. The built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b wireless connection also gives you the freedom to place the camera where it's needed, instead of where the network outlet is.
Backed by the industry's largest base of video management software, the AXIS 206W is a cost-effective solution for securing and remotely monitoring offices, shops and other facilities over the local area network or the Internet.
The AXIS 206W provides crisp and clear image quality using advanced signal processing and the latest, high quality CMOS image sensor, which can capture images in light conditions as low as 4 lux. The camera provides Motion JPEG images at up to 30 frames per second in all resolutions up to VGA 640x480 pixels.
The AXIS 206W is easy to set up and use. It comes with a free Dynamic DNS Service, a multilingual product interface, a built-in Web server for remote viewing and management, and the AXIS Camera Explorer software for multi-camera management on a PC or PDA. For more video and alarm management features, a wide range of video management software is available from Axis and its Application Development Partners worldwide.
AXIS 206W: System overview
The AXIS 206W lets you place the camera where it's needed, instead of where the network is. Put the AXIS 206W where you want it, connect power, and enjoy full frame rate video on your computer. Unlike Webcams, the AXIS 206W has its own IP address and a built-in Web server, allowing access from any Web browser on your LAN or from the Internet. The video can be viewed by many, and you can securely control access or leave it open.
What you need:
- A Wi-Fi compliant wireless access point or wireless broadband router (802.11b or 802.11g)
The AXIS 206W is designed for installation on a Wi-Fi 802.11b wireless LAN. This involves assigning it an IP address, automatically or manually. Depending on how your network is configured, the following methods may be used:
- AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service at www.axiscam.net
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- AXIS IP Utility for Windows
- From a command prompt, arp -s and ping may be used
- For initial installation in secure wireless networks, use a USB cable
- On a mac, simply go to 'My network devices' in the Safari browser