AXIS 247S Video Server
Video encoder solution for efficient and compact installation
Discontinued product. Online support only.Please see the support documentation for further information.
Recommended replacement: AXIS Q7401
Note: Check the recommended replacement product data sheet for full specification
- Compact, single channel video server
- Powered over Ethernet with power out for the camera
- High quality, de-interlaced video
- Audio support
- Powerful event management
The perfect solution for integrating analog cameras
The AXIS 247S Video Server is a high-performance, single channel video encoder for integrating an analog camera into an IP-based video surveillance system.
The compact AXIS 247S is ideal for distributed installation close to the analog camera, where space constraints call for an optimized solution, e.g. for video surveillance with small and discreet cameras in retail stores. Axis video servers provide the opportunity to take advantage of all the benefits that digital technology offers, perfect for installations where analog fixed cameras are to be used in an IP-based video surveillance system, e.g. in bank offices, airports, governmental or industrial buildings.
The compact AXIS 247S is quickly and easily mounted on a wall or ceiling. It is powered over Ethernet, and can also feed the camera with power, eliminating the need for power outlets. Power classification 2 or 3 is selectable, enabling optimization of the PoE-enabled network – either providing just enough power for a miniature camera, or for supplying a standard analog camera.
Powerful video and event management
AXIS 247S allows for powerful event management with multi-window motion detection, audio detection and I/O (input/output) for connecting devices such as sensors and external relays to activate lights or open/close doors. Pre/post-image alarm buffering secures images just before and after an alarm. AXIS 247S is supported by AXIS Camera Station video management software, which offers remote video monitoring, recording and playback.
A typical installation
- Connect and power an analog camera with the AXIS 247S Video Server.
- Connect a microphone or line-in device, enabling users not only to view, but also listen in on an area.
- Connect devices e.g. a light and PIR sensor to AXIS 247S, turn on the light and start recording video at an alarm.
- Facilitate the installation by powering the video servers and cameras via a Power over Ethernet-enabled switch. Optionally secure the system with an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
- Monitor, record and play back video using a PC with video management software.
- Monitor the cameras remotely over the WAN or Internet network using a standard PC.