The second quarter
- Net sales increased to SEK 1,044 M (747), corresponding to growth of 40 percent during the second quarter. Net sales increased by 31 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit increased to SEK 121 M (90), which corresponds to an operating margin of 11.6 percent (12.1).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 88 M (66).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.26 (0.96).
The first half-year
- Net sales during the first half-year amounted to SEK 1,925 M (1,555), corresponding to growth of 24 percent. Net sales increased by 18 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit decreased to SEK 200 M (216), which corresponds to an operating margin of 10.4 percent (13.9).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 145 M (157).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.08 (2.27).
Sales in line with expectations
"After a weak start to the year, sales of network video products gained momentum during the second quarter, which meant sales that were in line with our expectations. Taken together, this resulted in growth of 24 percent during the first six months of the year, and growth of 18 percent in local currencies.
The market research institute IMS published a new report during the period in which Axis was again ranked as the clear market leader in the network cameras category and now also in the surveillance cameras category. Growth expectations for network video are estimated in the report at approximately 25 percent in the next few years.
The second quarter was characterized by a continued high recruitment rate and we had 1,265 employees at the end of the period. We saw an unchanged high level in the inflow of new projects during the second quarter and there is a good basis for a continued positive trend".
Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on: http://www.axis.com/corporate/investor/interim_report.htm
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Tuesday, July 10 at 10 a.m.
Phone number: +46 (0)8 5052 01 10, code: 918672
Participants from Axis AB will be:
Ray Mauritsson, President and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
Margareta Lantz, Manager, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, Axis Communications
Telephone: +46 (0) 46 272 18 00, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Axis Communications
As the market leader in network video, Axis is leading the way to a smarter, safer, more secure world — driving the shift from analog to digital video surveillance. Offering network video solutions for professional installations, Axis’ products and solutions are based on an innovative, open technology platform.
Axis has more than 1,000 dedicated employees in 40 locations around the world and cooperates with partners covering 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based IT company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com.