How can I assign a static IP address to my network camera/video encoder?
The recommended tool for assigning an IP address to one or a few cameras is the AXIS IP Utility.
For larger installations, the AXIS Camera Management should be considered. This application is a powerful installation and management tool that can automatically find and set IP addresses, show connection status, configure and manage firmware upgrades of multiple devices.
How to manually assign an IP address to a single camera using AXIS IP Utility:
Note: The computer running AXIS IP Utility must be located on the same network segment (physical subnet) as the camera.
- Acquire an unused IP address on the same network segment as your computer.
- Check that the camera is connected to the network and that power has been applied.
- Power cycle the camera, i.e. turn the power off and turn it back on.
- Start AXIS IP Utility. When the camera appears in the window, right-click it and select "Assign new IP address" and enter the IP address.
- Click the "Assign" button and follow the instructions.
AXIS IP Utility, AXIS Camera Management and other software tools can be found in the Software Tools section.
Please check as well our video tutorial Three ways to assign an IP address.