New ways to monitor critical infrastructure
The road and rail networks form an important part of our public transportation systems. They require regular inspections to avoid major incidents or unplanned interruptions. Axis world-leading range of network video products has proven to be an efficient tool to improve the overall infrastructure security and maintenance.
With Axis, you get immediate access to real-time and recorded video from:
- Railroad tracks and their immediate surrounding
- Crossings and junctions
- Bridges & tunnels
- Other critical infrastructure
The video can easily be monitored remotely from a security or maintenance center, thus saving valuable time and costs.
Automated alerts at potential danger
You also benefit from a wide range of capabilities that enable you stay one step ahead of potential threats. These include:
- Automatic alerts when someone or something is on – or close to – the rails or junctions
- “See in the dark” with thermal cameras to detect motion at night or in tunnels
- Built-in, automated motion and noise detection
- High-quality HDTV video images, facilitating investigations and identifications
Several departments of transportation also use Axis network video solutions
for traffic monitoring.