Like all effective security, cybersecurity is about the depth of your defense. It’s about appropriately protecting your IP camera network at every level – from the products you choose and the partners you work with to the requirements they – and you – set. We deliver three layers of cyber protection:
– apply the security controls you need
Your first layer of defense is choosing network video products with built-in protection: We make sure you can apply the security controls you need to mitigate the threats you face. For example:
- AXIS Camera Management tool makes it easier and more cost efficient for you to implement security configurations, update passwords and deploy patches.
– best practices timely response and transparency
Axis applies cybersecurity best practices in the design, development and testing of our products to minimize the risk of flaws that could be exploited in an attack. When critical vulnerabilities are discovered we fix them promptly and issue security advisories. The result is your second layer of defense.
We compare our processes to other software developing organizations using Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM). BSIMM is a tool that helps compare processes, activities, roles and responsibilities. These include:
- Design and architectural reviews
- Code reviews
- Testing for known vulnerabilities
Responsiveness and transparency
Occasionally a new critical vulnerability may be discovered. In such cases, we guarantee speedy response, transparency and free upgrades and patches:
- Axis Vulnerability Policy – details how we manage and respond to security vulnerabilities.
- Responsive support policy – our commitment to providing security fixes as soon as possible is likewise detailed in Axis Vulnerability Policy.
- Security Advisories that helps reduce risks of known vulnerabilities. The security advisory may refer to official CVE (Common Vulnerability and Exposure) or other vulnerability reports. The security advisories includes a vulnerability description, risk assessment, recommendations and if/when a service release will be available.
Learning and collaboration
– understanding and mitigating risks
Because there’s no one-size-fits-all solution to cyber crime, your third layer of defense is a good understanding of the threats you face, their potential costs and how to protect yourself. We share our knowledge of cyber risks and how to mitigate them in a number of tools and papers that will help you put effective safeguards in place:
- Use our online cybersecurity quick test for an introduction to understanding your security needs and mitigating your risks.
- The Axis Hardening Guide is a detailed hands-on guide for integrators and IT departments with concrete recommendations for system hardening.
- Visit the Axis product security website for up-to-date news and advisories as well as useful documentation.
In addition, we collaborate with our software and integrator partners to find specific solutions for specific threats.