Axis AB: Report from Annual General Meeting 2018
Resolution regarding dividend
On request by shareholders representing more than one tenth of all the shares in the company, the Annual General Meeting resolved on a minority dividend of SEK 1.44 per share. April 20, 2018 was adopted as record date for the dividend.
Report of the special examiner
The report from the concluded special examination was presented at the Annual General Meeting, whereby the special examiner reported that Axis’ Board and company management, during the examination period, have acted in accordance with the Swedish Companies Act and other applicable rules, and based on the best interests of Axis AB and thereby also for all the company’s shareholders.
Resolution regarding adoption of income statement and balance sheet
The Annual General Meeting resolved to adopt the income statement and balance sheet for Axis AB submitted by the Board, as well as the consolidated income statement and consolidated balance sheet.
Resolution concerning discharge from liability for the members of the Board of Directors and for the President
The members of the Board of Directors and the company’s President were discharged from liability for the fiscal year 2017.
Resolutions regarding election of board, auditor and fees
The Annual General Meeting resolved in accordance with the proposals by the company’s largest shareholder, Canon Inc., namely
- that the Board of Directors shall consist of five ordinary Board members, without any deputy Board members,
- to re-elect the Board members Biörn Riese, Håkan Kirstein, Martin Gren and Toshizo Tanaka,
- to elect Marianne Brismar as new Board member,
- to re-elect Biörn Riese as Chairman of the Board, and
- that an unchanged fee totaling SEK 2,000,000 shall be paid to the Board of Directors, to be distributed with SEK 800,000 to the Chairman of the Board and with SEK 400,000 to each of the other Board members, however that no fee shall be paid to Toshizo Tanaka.
The Annual General Meeting further resolved to re-elect Ernst & Young Aktiebolag as auditor for the period until the end of the next Annual General Meeting.
Resolution regarding principles for determining salaries and other remuneration to the President and other members of the company management
The Annual General Meeting approved the Board’s proposed principles for determining salaries and other remuneration to the President and other members of the company management. The principles essentially correspond to the principles so far applied, except for the establishment of a new long-term bonus program for senior executives in the company.