Axis tools: Just what you need – when you need it
Just recently, Axis launched its updated online tools pages, which offer a palette of opportunities for integrators and other stakeholders to find the right components – and making the most of them – when designing surveillance systems. The tools help to save time at every project stage, from design to quotation on to installation and maintenance – in other words, a 360-degree offering.
The user experience in focus
Our tools are designed to meet real-life customer challenges in a user-friendly way. Now, you will get a much-improved overview, which makes it easier to find the tool that you need for a specific task.
To improve orientation, the tools are divided into four sub-categories:
- Find & compare products
- Plan & design sites
- Install & manage systems
- Downloads & plugins
Find & compare products
As the name implies, the tools in this category help you find, compare and choose the right components for your surveillance system. Let’s take a closer look at some of the tools.
- Product selector is continuously updated to include all available Axis products, making it a very comprehensive and useful tool. Use it as an online catalogue to get instant access to product features and hard facts. You can filter your searches and compare products, which makes it even easier and quicker to find the right product, in just a few steps.
- Accessory selector helps you find the right accessories for your cameras, such as mountings. You’ll get it right from the start, which ensures a smoother installation process and less interruptions caused by, for instance, a wrong mount or power specification.
Plan & design sites
When you need help planning and optimizing your system, this is where you find the right tools. Whether it's about camera placement or coverage, or calculating the required storage or bandwidth, these tools have got you covered.
- AXIS Site Designer is your go-to tool for designing surveillance systems of all sizes. It provides huge opportunities to reduce time when creating quotations. It simplifies component selection, letting you efficiently solve specific tasks such as choosing and placing the right surveillance cameras in different areas using the right accessories. You also get speaker recommendations, information about system accessories, service and much more.
It is easy to create, print and share documentation and quotations. And if a customer changes the specification in mid-flight, you can update the quotation in just a few minutes to get it right. As you can imagine, this will not only save you a lot of time, you can create more projects and improve the chances of increasing your revenue.
Another advantage is that you can work with an unlimited number of projects in the tool. Create your own libraries and re-use existing solutions to save even more time when targeting new customers.
- CAD software: If you’re planning your security system in Autodesk® Revit®, Trimble® SketchUp® or Microsoft® Visio®, you can use free Axis plugins to include camera models in your design. These models help you get a more professional end-product by offering varying degrees of complexity, from 2D camera shapes to entire camera families in 3D and help you better visualize, for example, camera coverage, or adjusting the field of view from a specific camera.
Install & manage systems
Updating and maintaining surveillance systems, especially large systems with lots of different components can be complex and time-consuming. And you certainly don’t want to jeopardize the security of your system, cyber or otherwise. Here are just a few tools that will keep devices and systems updated and optimized – fast, easy and cost-effective.
- AXIS Device Manager simplifies installation and management of all the devices in your surveillance system, from configuring new devices to installing upgrades in an existing system. For example, instead of having to update devices one at a time, you can do them in batches on one site – or handle several thousand devices on multiple sites, which saves time and takes the hassle out of the process.
- AXIS Optimizer for Milestone XProtect® is a suite of plugins that gives you fast and easy access to all built-in camera functions, in just one streamlined installation. The plugins include dewarping, radar management and visitor management. Milestone is one of Axis’ biggest global video management software partners.
Downloads & plugins
This is your go-to page when you want to download our tools or plugins. We have gathered them in one place to make them more accessible for you. They are all free to download to your laptop or PC.
Visit Axis tools pages to find out how we can help you save time and make your work simpler, regardless of project stage and task.