The first time you start the AXIS Camera Station program you will be asked to register your license in order to activate the full version (not applicable for the demo version). As of 1st of July 2018, the registration needs to be done via the online form on axis.com and requires a valid MyAxis account. It can no longer be done directly from AXIS Camera Station 3 or 4, even though the option is still shown there.
Note: When attempting to register the license directly from the software (choosing “This server is connected to the Internet”), the operation will fail. Register from the web form instead. See instructions below.
The License Key, found on the inside of the AXIS Camera Station CD casing, is a temporary key that will expire once the software has been installed and registered. It is therefore important not to register the software until the AXIS Camera Station is installed on the target computer.
If you need to re-install a previously registered installation of the AXIS Camera Station, please contact Axis Technical support and include your original license key (ACSxxxx-xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx) and the company and name of the person it was registered to.
As of 1st of July 2018, acquisition of the Access Code that is needed to activate the software is done via the Axis Web site. It then needs to be entered manually in the software, regardless of if the server is connected to Internet or not.
- Start AXIS Camera Station and select 'Grace period' in the license dialog. The AXIS Camera Station generates a Server ID. Make a note of it or copy it.
- Go to the software activation page and login with a valid MyAxis account (required).
- Fill in all the requested information on that page. You will need to enter your License Key as well as the Server ID provided by the software.
- You will receive an Access Code. Make a note of it.
- Start AXIS Camera Station and select 'Registration done'. Enter your License Key, Server ID and Access Code. This activates the full version.