Which firewall rule needs to be created to allow Server Discovery to work in AXIS Camera Station?
Since AXIS Camera Station version 4.30, Server Discovery allows any AXIS Camera Station server with version 4.30 and above to be displayed automatically in the "remote server" combo box on the log on page, new connection dialog and when adding servers to server lists.
Server Discovery is using SSDP and a firewall rule needs to be created in order to get the discovery to work correctly. During a new installation, the rule is added to the Windows Firewall automatically. During upgrade, the rule is added automatically from AXIS Camera Station 4.31.
The firewall should allow inbound connections on the server for ports 55752, 55753, 55754 and 55755.
Configuration example with Windows Firewall on Windows 7:
- Go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Advanced settings
- Select Inbound Rules on the left side
- Click "New Rule..." on the right side.
- Select Port type
- Select the TCP protocol and enter the AXIS Camera Station Server HTTP port under specific local ports. By default the port is 55752 and can be change in the AXIS Camera Station Service Control.
- Allow the connection and save activate the rule for the profile(s) that apply to your system.
Note: The AXIS Camera Station server needs to be restarted after configuring the rule.