Axis Communications Named One of the 2018 Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE
Axis Communications, the global leader in network video, was named one of the 2018 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in the United States by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE. Axis ranked #41 on the list of top 100 medium companies. The companies on the list have built a high-trust culture that engages employees and drives better business. Great Place to Work, a global people analytics and consulting firm, evaluated more than 50 elements of employee on-the-job experiences in order to determine its rankings.
Competing against hundreds of companies across the country, Axis participated in a rigorous selection process, which included an employee survey and an in-depth questionnaire about benefits programs and company practices. Great Place to Work evaluates each application using its unique methodology based on five dimensions of a great workplace: credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie.
As part of the review process, Axis is also “Great Rated” by the Great Place to Work Institute. According to an employee survey conducted in 2018, 97 percent of employees say their workplace is great, while 100 percent take great pride in working at Axis.
“Our success as a company is a direct result of our culture and core values which are embraced by our employees,” said Fredrik Nilsson, VP, Americas, Axis Communications, Inc. “Recognition as a Great Place to Work speaks to the efforts we make throughout all levels of the organization to maintain our culture of innovation, collaboration and entrepreneurism even as we grow. It’s an honor to receive this award and is a true testimony to our people and their efforts.”
With a diverse global workforce spanning sales, marketing, technical support and other corporate functions, Axis offers a wide range of professional experiences, opportunities and benefits, including:
- Career development: Annual training requirement and reimbursement, professional association membership, leadership programs and international and domestic travel
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, HRA/FSA, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and employee discounts
- Culture: Onboarding at global headquarters in Sweden and North American headquarters in Massachusetts, employee recognition programs, events and celebrations and paid time-off to volunteer in local communities
- Work-life balance: Flexible work scheduling, work from home policies, 29 holiday and vacation days first year of employment, 8 weeks of maternity leave, 10 days of paid leave for adoptive parents and a paid anniversary sabbatical program
- On-Site amenities: Employee health and wellness programs, free on-site parking, relaxation room, 24/7 on-site fitness center, dry cleaning, healthy snacks and monthly company-wide luncheons
“When it comes to revenue growth and innovation, the 2018 Best Small & Medium Workplaces continue to outperform their peers making these companies more competitive and helping them secure their position in the marketplace,” said Michael Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “What these companies do differently than their peers is that they offer a great workplace for all employees.”
In compiling the list, Great Place to Work has found that employees believe they work for great organizations when they consistently trust the people they work for, have pride in what they do and enjoy the people they work with. Organizations named on the list see many benefits that include better financial performance, less employee turnover, higher levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, more innovative and creative thinking, higher productivity and enhanced public perception.
In 2018, Axis completed their US Expansion Plan and now has eight Axis Experience Centers (AECs) in North America. Locations include, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Toronto, Mexico City, Washington, DC and the North American headquarters in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Click here to learn more about career opportunities at Axis Communications.