Increased security as Axis offers Multi-Factor Authentication
Security devices such as network cameras and video management systems are only as cybersecure as their user authentication procedures, and MFA is one of the most effective methods to help in this regard. It’s a proven method of reducing cybercrimes as it can prevent the majority of bulk phishing attempts and targeted attacks.
The key steps of the MFA process Axis implemented, are outlined below:
- Registration: Create a MyAxis account
- Enable it: Visit https://auth.axis.com/user-center/account/security-settings and enable MFA
- Login: Enter the personal username and password.
- Verification: A verification email will be sent to the email that the account is registered with
- Reaction: The user clicks on the "authenticate" button, and the sign-in flow continues
Once enabled, the MyAxis account will be significantly more secure.