AXIS 230 MPEG-2 Network Camera
Discontinued product. Online support only.Please see the support documentation for further information.
- Delivers 30/25 frames per second of DVD quality video and synchronized audio over IP networks
- IR-sensitive day/night camera
- Powerful, 18x optical zoom lens (remotely controllable) and 12x digital zoom
- Four different resolutions up to 720x576 and seven different quality levels
- Built-in microphone (one-way audio from camera to viewer) and support for external audio devices
- Audio level alarm (alert based on sound level picked up by the camera's microphone)
- Support for multicasting over a local area network for unlimited number of simultaneous viewers
- Support for third-party pan/tilt devices
- Two control inputs (alarm) and one output
Live, full resolution MPEG-2 video over your network
The AXIS 230 MPEG-2 Network Camera provides advanced features for demanding security and surveillance applications.
The AXIS 230 delivers 30/25 frames per second of DVD-quality video and synchronized audio over IP networks. It's also an infrared-sensitive camera that is able to provide color video under light conditions, and black and white video under dark conditions. The AXIS 230 is ideal for installations that require round-the-clock, high quality video and audio, such as traffic monitoring and airport surveillance.
Other target groups that can benefit from the combination of full frame rate and DVD-quality video and audio include casinos, as well as organizations working with LAN-based education, such as hospitals and universities.
Video and audio compression with MPEG-2 enables the AXIS 230 to combine the highest quality video and audio with relatively low bandwidth consumption.