- AXIS Companion version 41.53 MB
- AXIS Companion - Migrating from version 3 to version 469 KB
- AXIS Companion - Remote System Management129 KB
- AXIS T8705 Network Video Decoder with AXIS Companion cameras - Integration Gudie76 KB
- OS: Windows 8 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: 256 MB onboard video memory
- Note! Always use the latest graphics card driver
- Network: 100 Mbps
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
Supported Axis network cameras
AXIS Companion video management software supports all Axis network cameras, with firmware version 8.40 or higher.
Supported Axis network video encoders
AXIS Companion video management software supports all Axis video encoders, with firmware version 8.40 or higher.
Network video recorder
For longer retention time needed and when the system comprises of a larger number of video channels, the AXIS Companion Recorder is the recommended solution. It supports up to 8 Axis cameras and also provides PoE to the cameras.
Uninterruptible Power Source (UPS)
In locations with unreliable power, a UPS can be a good investment to ensure maximum uptime. This is particularly beneficial for an AXIS Companion system that uses Power over Ethernet to power its cameras over the network, since a single UPS can then be used to secure not only the network equipment but also all the cameras in the system – a clear advantage over analog DVR-based systems.
A router is typically used whenever wireless cameras are used, wireless local access is required or when remote access is enabled. Routers with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) simplifies installation of Axis’ wireless cameras. Routers with UPnP simplify the setup of remote access to a system.
Axis does not make any commitments or promises regarding quality, performance or other features with respect to the presented third party products. Axis cannot be held responsible for the correctness or completeness of the information included here. The information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
AXIS Companion version 3
There are circumstances where you need an earlier release of AXIS Companion:
- If you have devices with a firmware older than 8.40
- If your site has no internet access
- If you use a third-party NAS
The migration guide contains information that will help you decide what version you need.