The migration of access control systems to a digital IP environment brings many of the same benefits that the video surveillance market experienced during the conversion of analog CCTV to network video.
Freedom to mix and match best-of breed software
Axis’ open API (Application Programming Interface) gives you the freedom to mix and match best-of breed hardware and software from a range of software partners.
Easy integration with other systems
Easy integration with other IP systems such as video surveillance, fire and intrusion detection.
Standard IT equipment
Existing network infrastructure and standard IT equipment can be used to save time and lower costs. You have the freedom to choose components – hardware and software – from virtually any vendor.
Support for Power over Ethernet
A PoE supported controller at each door eliminates the need for separate power cables for door equipment such as locks and readers. This reduces the total installation cost. In addition, support for Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) makes it possible to avoid having battery back-up for door equipment.
The central server or control unit can be eliminated
The controller is a smart, independent device at each door, system management can be done from the controller.
System management is made from any computer in the network.
All Axis Access Control Products are conveniently available through Axis’ wide network of partners.
- A smarter, safter world around the clock - Axis network solutions on the job2.94 MB
- Bringing open IP benefits to physical access control: AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller781 KB
- Entry Management System Training (Academy course description flyer)162 KB
- Product naming structure: Guide348 KB
- AXIS A8004-VE Network Video Door Station414 KB
- AXIS A8105-E Network Video Door Station281 KB
- AXIS A9161 Network I/O Relay Module218 KB
- AXIS A9188 Network I/O Relay Module847 KB
- AXIS A9188-VE Network I/O Relay Module836 KB
- AXIS A9801 Security Relay565 KB
- AXIS Entry Manager884 KB