Axis AB: Interim report January-September 2018
- Net sales increased by 20 percent during the third quarter to SEK 2,695 M (2,253). Net sales increased by 13 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 460 M (365), which corresponds to an operating margin of 17.1 percent (16.2).
- Net profit for the period amounted to SEK 353 m (278).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 5.08 (4.01).
- Net sales increased by 15 percent during the period to SEK 7,354 M (6,399). Net sales increased by 15 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,067 M (808), which corresponds to an operating margin of 14.5 percent (12.6).
- Net profit for the period amounted to SEK 811 M (604).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 11.67 (8.70).
The third quarter showed good growth compared to the year-earlier period. An important factor was a continued strong global market. The relatively low growth in EMEA is explained by a combination of reasons, such as lowered stock levels for some bigger distributors and weak sales in some big countries in EMEA. Our strong growth feels particularly positive in light of the continued challenging situation in the global components market.
Profitability was also good during the third quarter. As in previous years, profitability for this period was positively impacted by seasonally lower costs.
During the quarter, we maintained a high tempo in our development operations and could present several new products and solutions. In particular, it is worth mentioning our new AXIS P3717-PLE camera model, which has already received several awards and generated great interest in the market.
Our growth was also reflected by the number of employees, which now reaches more than 3,100. We grow in Lund as well in our offices around the world. As we reported previously this year, we have also opened a software development office in Linköping, Sweden. It is great to see the big interest in Axis in that region. We are looking forward to welcoming more employees to Axis in the near future.
Ray Mauritsson, President
This information is such that Axis AB is required to make public pursuant to the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08.00 CET on October 18, 2018.