Axis’ whitepaper highlights the need for greater cybersecurity in retail
The growth in and use of IoT devices and cloud technologies have opened up boundless possibilities for the modern retail organisation across physical and digital platforms. However, it’s imperative that retailers understand not only the risks to their business presented by unsecure systems, but also the full implications of failing to secure customer data and the consequences of non-compliance with the GDPR.
Key topics covered include:
- Review of cybersecurity challenges – Supply chain attacks, IoT vulnerabilities, the impact of operational downtime
- GDPR, data protection and privacy – Examining the necessary actions to ensure full compliance with the GDPR and DPA 2018
- Video surveillance insights – Understanding how data analysis can inform security and business decisions, and supply chain evaluation
- Managing security effectively – Processes and tools to help the design, development and testing of systems in accordance with cybersecurity principles
- Converged security – A collaborative approach to addressing cybersecurity risks
The new whitepaper highlights the appropriate policies and procedures around the cybersecurity of network cameras and other cloud-enabled IoT devices, and stresses the importance of selecting trusted vendors and partners to ensure a smarter, safer world through better protection of businesses and customers.