#GSX19: Opening the door to new possibilities with network solutions
What does the future hold for your business? What challenges lie ahead from a security and business standpoint?
Whether you’re a director of security, a small business owner or your position lies somewhere in-between, the decisions you make impact your organization. That’s why it’s crucial to not only purchase the right network solutions but do so from a solutions provider who is willing to work with you before, during and after integration.
At this year’s GSX, attendees had the opportunity to explore how Axis can help empower them to better interpret, predict and respond to security and business situations with the latest network solutions. Shortly we’ll dive into the new products we revealed and awards won, and check out what attendees saw when they entered our booth.
Likewise, GSX also presented us with an opportunity to make an impact outside of the booth in the form of a sponsorship and panel session. Globally, women continue to make strides in the technology sector, but it’s still important to look for opportunities to bridge the gender gap. To support diversity and inclusion in the workplace, we were proud to sponsor the Women in Security and Young Professionals Happy Hour.
Along these lines, Axis’ own Elaine Palome, Director of Human Resources, Americas, Axis Communications, Inc., also took part in an informative and engaging panel session on the topic of gender diversity. She and other female leaders discussed the need to bridge the gender gap in the security industry, and different challenges they’ve faced throughout their careers. They also provided advice with the aim of empowering others on their professional journey.
GSX was jam packed, so let’s check out what else happened on and off the show floor.
Introducing our latest innovations in our commitment to create a smarter, safer world
The willingness to innovate is a fundamental component of any successful company. After all, the world is always evolving, which means we need to have the courage to change with it. This year we introduced the following new innovations for increased security and business optimization:
- AXIS Q1798-LE Network Camera includes, among other features, outstanding 4k resolution with ultra-high light sensitivity, Axis Lightfinder 2.0 for increased light sensitivity, and Axis Zipstream technology with support for H.264/H.265 to lower bandwidth and storage requirements.
- AXIS Q1700-LE License Plate Camera captures clear images of license plates up to a range of 328 feet during the day and 164 feet at night.
- AXIS Q6075 and AXIS Q6075-E PTZ Network Cameras is equipped with 40x optical zoom, Axis Lightfinder 2.0 and Axis Zipstream technology. They also include enhanced security features such as signed firmware and secure boot.
For more information on these products and features, see our latest release.
And the winner is…
Our goal is to develop innovative products and solutions that help customers solve their security or business challenges. This year, two new network cameras were recognized for doing just that, having recently received Security Today’s New Product of the Year Awards:
- AXIS Q6215-LE PTZ Network Camera was recognized in the category of Outdoor Perimeter Protection
- AXIS Q3527-LVE Network Camera was recognized in the category of Video Surveillance Cameras – IP
To learn more, check out our latest release.
Explore the Axis booth: Add new dimensions to your business
Gaining a competitive edge means being willing to challenge the status quo. It means thinking of new ways of doing business so you can unlock the potential for greater success. Change can be scary, but doing so alongside the right solutions provider (and with the right network solutions) can actually make it an exciting and rewarding journey.
Our booth was organized into sections, each with its own focus and dedicated network solutions, products and services. Here, attendees could talk to a professional about the solutions on display and how they could meet their security and business needs. Some of the walls in our booth were dedicated to:
- Academy: Expand your knowledge, grow professionally and become certified with Axis Communications Academy. On display were our course offerings, Building End-to-End Solutions with AXIS Camera Station Integrator Suite, Network Video Fundamentals and Certification, and our new audio class, Essentials of Axis Network Audio Systems.
- Small business: Small business owners have a lot on their plate. The last thing they need to worry about is whether their security system is doing its job. With a network solution developed specifically for small businesses, owners can monitor the entire premise onsite and even on-the-go.
- Intrusion protection: Protect your entire site from perimeter to critical core with an intrusion protection solution. This type of solution will help you detect and verify intruders at the perimeter, detect unwanted activity across multiple sites and monitor entrances and exits to ensure only the correct personnel gain entry.
- Medium business: end-to-end solutions: Make it easy to protect what matters most. Create a customized Axis end-to-end solution that’s flexible, scalable and simple to install. Start with our network video recorders and video management software, and add on cameras, door stations, audio and more for a complete solution.
- Access control and intercoms: With the freedom to mix and match best-of-breed hardware and software, and integrate seamlessly with other systems, our access control products can be used for everything from basic identification and entry control to advanced access management.
- Network audio solutions: Axis network audio solutions are smart, all-in-one audio systems that allow you to either trigger a pre-recorded message or speak live to the scene—taking passive surveillance to active deterrence. They’re also perfect for creating in-store ambiance with flexible scheduling of background music, which enables stores to create a more dynamic customer experience.
- Smart cities: With integrated, network surveillance solutions, you can see in real-time what’s happening across an entire city. The goal? Improve livability and quality of life. To learn more about what a ‘smart city’ is and core focus areas, check out this blog post.
- Analytics: Video analytics analyze captured video and reduces it down to useful data, allowing for more proactive surveillance and improved efficiencies for greater security and business optimization. Check out our white paper to learn more about how video analytics can help your business.
- School campuses: Learning plays a key role in a student’s success. Among other things, network-based security solutions can protect people and property, enabling educators to focus on what they do best—teaching. Learn more about how you can protect your school with a network security system.
- Healthcare facilities: Our network solutions have always played a central role in protecting patients, staff and visitors in healthcare settings. But network video, access control and audio solutions are now being used outside of “traditional security” to help personnel proactively respond to situations for increased patient satisfaction and quality of care. To see what’s possible, check out our healthcare customer success stories.
Generating success through collaboration, vision and innovation
This year’s GSX presented us with yet another great opportunity to not only highlight our innovative network solutions but encourage attendees to re-imagine how these solutions can help their companies improve security and enhance business optimization.
GSX also provided us with a platform to continue to support the need for greater gender diversity in the security industry, network with industry experts and gain greater insight into many of the challenges security professionals face today.
Collaboration contributes to new (and sometimes unexpected) ideas and through this comes solutions to some of our greatest security and business challenges. We’re excited to see what’s in store as we continue to work hard to shape the future, making it smarter and safer today than it was yesterday.