Pixel density is usually referred to as pixels per inch
(PPI). The higher the PPI, the more detail you’ll find within
the image. The Pixel Density application allows you to manipulate
different parameters and learn how they affect pixel density.
These parameters include zoom, resolution and distance.
- The two images to the left show the result of the changes
you make to the settings using the sliders to the right.
The face in the very left image is an enhancement of the
face of the man on the roof. The color of the icon to the
left of the enhanced face indicates if there is enough pixel
- Detection (red)
- Recognition (yellow)
- Identification - Good conditions (light green)
- Identification - Challenging conditions (dark green)
- The sliders on the right control the settings for zoom, resolution and distance.
- The illustration in the middle reflects your settings.
For more information, go to www.axis.com/academy/pixel_count/pixel_density.htm