More video, less storage
- Keep the resolution
- Keep the frame rate
- No additional investments needed
Optimized for video surveillance, Axis’ Zipstream technology is a significantly more efficient H.264 implementation, lowering bandwidth and storage requirements by an average 50% or more for many common 24/7 surveillance use cases.
Axis’ Zipstream technology consists of a collection of dynamic features that analyzes and optimizes the network camera’s video stream in real time. Scenes containing interesting details are recorded in full image quality and resolution while other areas are filtered out, to optimally use available bandwidth and storage. Important forensic details like faces, tattoos or license plates are isolated and preserved, while irrelevant areas such as white walls, lawns and vegetation are sacrificed by smoothing in order to achieve the better storage savings.
Zipstream also automatically adapts to PTZ camera movements. Bandwidth peaks can be avoided thanks to a dynamic rate controller that is automatically enabled when the camera is being panned, tilted or zoomed.
Customers can Zipstream alongside other Axis network camera technologies such as Wide Dynamic Range - Forensic Capture and Lightfinder. Zipstream is fully compatible with the H.264 compression standard and can be used with the latest Axis cameras, AXIS Companion and third-party video management software without additional investment.
New dynamic frame rate saves even more
The latest enhancement of Axis’ Zipstream technology now offers even more storage and bandwidth savings in video surveillance applications without compromising on important image details. It dynamically adjusts the frame rate, instantly adapting to any changes in the scene. Zipstream with dynamic frame rate is initially available as a firmware upgrade. See list below for details.
* Firmware enabling Zipstream with dynamic frame rate available
Axis' Zipstream technology with dynamic frame rate
Axis’ Zipstream technology- three examples
Axis Communications' Academy 60 seconds - Zipstream
- Axis’ Zipstream compression technology now automatically adapts to PTZ camera movements: Axis' Zipstream Technology409 KB
- Axis announces Zipstream compression technology, reducing storage requirements by an average 50 percent or more in video surveillance applications: Axis' Zipstream technology315 KB
- Axis introduces an affordable bullet-style outdoor network thermal camera with powerful performance for analytics via ACAP: AXIS Q1941-E Thermal Network Camera218 KB
- New AXIS Camera Station release puts efficient operation in focus: AXIS Camera Station 4.20349 KB