AXIS 2401 Video Server
- Dial-up connection via modem as well as direct connection to Ethernet networks
- PHP3 script support for developing your own application scripts
- Support for additional Pan/Tilt/Zoom devices
- Linux operating system
- Works with the AXIS 2191 Audio Module
- Wireless connectivity with the 802.11b Wireless Device Point
- Access to a power outlet not needed with use of Power over LAN Midspan and Active Splitter from Axis
The AXIS 2401 is a high-performance video server designed for professional surveillance applications. It transforms traditional analog video into high quality digital images that can be transmitted over intranet networks or the Internet. The AXIS 2401 has a single video input, a video loop-through port for an analog monitor, and a connection either via a modem to the Internet or directly to a local area network.
Easy to install and use, the AXIS 2401 enables you to have a professional surveillance application up and running in minutes. Your system can be as open or closed as needed.
The application possibilities for the AXIS 2401 are limitless: remote monitoring, security systems, alarms verification, traffic surveillance, railway monitoring, airports, banks, manufacturing plants, process monitoring, remote image archiving, remote administration, shops, gas stations, car parks, and much more. Users can enhance their existing CCTV systems with an AXIS 2401 and instantly have a state-of-the-art remote monitoring system – no expensive software, dedicated monitors or expensive coax cabling is required. All that is needed is a standard PC with network access.
AXIS 2401: System overview
The AXIS 2401 Video Server is a cost-effective solution for adding digital functionality to traditional CCTV systems. The AXIS 2401 allows for video output to an analog CCTV monitor as well as to the computer network.