AXIS 206M Megapixel Network Camera
- Superior image quality using advanced video processing and the latest high quality, progressive scan CMOS image sensor for exceptionally detailed images
- Standard image formats: Motion JPEG and still image JPEG
- Up to 12 frames per second in resolutions ranging up to 1280x1024 pixels
- Built-in Web server enables use of a standard Web browser for viewing and management
- Up to 10 viewers can directly access the camera simultaneously
- Web product interface available in multiple languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Security: multi-user level password protection to restrict camera access
- AXIS Camera Explorer video management software included for easy viewing, management and recording
- Easy installation using the free AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service or the Windows-based AXIS IP Utility software
The smallest megapixel network camera in the world
The AXIS 206M Megapixel Network Camera is designed for security surveillance and remote monitoring applications that require superior quality, high resolution Motion JPEG images of up to 1280x1024 pixels.
The large image format enables the camera to capture greater detail or offer a wider field of view. The AXIS 206M supports HDTV widescreen format (16:9). Going beyond regular TV resolution, it provides significant advantages over traditional analog CCTV security cameras.
The AXIS 206M enables live viewing and remote administration with the use of a standard Web browser. The AXIS 206M package includes an AXIS Camera Explorer software, which provides live viewing and remote management while stationary on a PC, or on the move using a PDA. For more video and alarm management features, a wide range of video management software is available from Axis and its Application Development Partners worldwide.
A higher image resolution gives users an ability to see more details when zooming in on an image.
AXIS 206M: System overview
What you need:
- A regular straight Category 5 or 6 Ethernet cable
- An available port on your hub, switch or router
- For WLAN (802.11b) connection, use an 802.11b Wireless Device Point plus 802.11b Wireless Access Point or wireless broadband router
The AXIS 206M is designed for installation on an Ethernet network. This involves assigning it an IP address, automatically or manually. Depending on how your network is configured, the following methods may be used:
All software isn't compatible with all products, please refer to the data sheets for compatibility information.
Log in for more assets