This content is available in the following languages: English, Swedish
The third quarter
- Net sales increased by 11 percent during the third quarter to SEK 1,079 M (971). Net sales increased by 8 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit decreased to SEK 168 M (225), which corresponds to an operating margin of 15.6 percent (23.2).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 120 M (164).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.72 (2.37).
January - September
- Net sales increased by 19 percent during the period to SEK 3,004 M (2,527). Net sales increased by 14 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit decreased to SEK 369 M (441), which corresponds to an operating margin of 12.3 percent (17.5).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 264 M (322).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.81 (4.63).
Continued global expansion and steady project flow“The third quarter was characterized by a continued steady level in the number of project inquiries compared with the first six months of the year. Growth during the quarter was lower than long-term expectations and the irregularity between quarters remains. It is difficult to judge at present how the economic uncertainty will impact demand for Axis’ products in the near term. A slightly improved gross margin was mainly due to a more favorable product mix and lower purchasing costs.
We retain a positive view on the trend for network cameras with an expected long-term growth potential of 25 percent per year. We are convinced that Axis’ strong brand and market position, combined with our business model and corporate culture mean that we are well-equipped for continued global expansion.”
Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on: /corporate/investor/financial_reports.htm
Invitation to telephone conferenceTime: Thursday, October 18 at 10 a.m.
Phone number: +46 (0)8-505 598 53
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at:
For more information, please contact:Johan Lundin, Manager, Investor Relations
Telephone: + 46 (0)46-272 18 00, E-mail: email@example.com
The information in this interim report is such that Axis is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act. Submitted for publication at 08.00 a.m. (CET) on 18 October 2012.