The camera’s default IP-address (192.168.0.90) can be used to configure it.
Follow the instructions below:
- Reset your Axis camera or video encoder to the factory defaults as described in the Installation Guide.
- Set your PC’s IP address to a free address in the range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254.
Do not use 192.168.0.90 as this is the default address of your Axis unit.
- Using a crossover network cable, connect the camera to your PC’s network card and power it up. Make sure that only one network connection is established - between PC and your Axis unit.
(A crossover network cable is not need if a switch is used between Axis product and your PC or your PC supports Auto-MDIX).
- Use your Internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.90/
- Configure your Axis unit using its web interface by adding the desired IP address, Default Router Address and Subnet Mask to the Network Setting. If you use an IP address outside the range 192.168.01 to 192.168.0.254 the unit will not be accessible after confirming the settings.
- Disconnect the Axis unit.
- If required, reset the PC’s IP address to the original value and return the devices to the desired network.
For information on how to set IP addresses on your PC, please refer to the documentation for your operating system.
Related to: FAQ48357 How to set static IP address using AXIS IP Utility.
Please check as well our video tutorial Three ways to assign an IP address.
This article applies to the following products: I/O & Audio, Highly discreet cameras, Fixed Cameras, Fixed Dome Cameras, PTZ Dome Cameras, Thermal Cameras, AXIS Camera Management, Fixed Dome Cameras, PTZ Dome Cameras, Fixed Cameras, Video Encoder/decoders,