Lund, May 13, 2013
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today presents a direct drive PTZ camera with few moving parts. The camera is directly attached to the drive shaft of two motors—one for panning and another for tilting the camera. With no mechanical parts such as belts or gears, AXIS P5414-E’s durable and highly efficient pan/tilt system provides customers with a reliable, low-maintenance PTZ camera. Other innovations include a built-in wall bracket that eliminates the need to purchase a separate mounting accessory. This not only provides cost-savings to customers, but makes wall-mount installations even easier and quicker.
“About half of all PTZ cameras are mounted on walls and AXIS P5414-E addresses this market with some unique designs,” says Erik Frännlid, Axis’ Director of Product Management. “The result is an attractively priced, high-performance, low-maintenance HDTV PTZ camera that’s easy to install.”
AXIS P5414-E has an integrated sunshield that is designed for easy removal, allowing customers to repaint it to match the installation environment. The sunshield’s sloping form also helps the camera resist attempts by vandals to pull it down. The camera has a hidden junction box that supports two-way audio, a memory card slot, four configurable inputs/outputs to external devices, and the option for customers to use either 24 V DC or Power over Ethernet Plus (IEEE 802.3at). AXIS P5414-E supports Advanced Gatekeeper, which enables the camera to automatically pan, tilt and zoom in to a preset position when motion is detected in a predefined area. See film for further explanation.
With the ability to pan 270°, AXIS P5414-E can also be mounted on the corner of a building with the use of a corner mount bracket, enabling wide area coverage and high optical zoom for detailed surveillance in HDTV resolution. It will be available in July 2013 through Axis distribution channels.
Further features of AXIS P5414-E include:
• HDTV 720p performance, which is in compliance with the SMPTE 296M standard regarding resolution, full frame rate, HDTV color fidelity and 16:9 format. The 18x zoom with autofocus, in combination with the HDTV resolution, provides zoomed-in views that offer not only the same level of detail as a 36x-zoom, standard resolution camera, but also the extra advantage of a wider (16:9) field of view.
• Multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG video formats.
• Day/night functionality, which involves an automatically removable infrared-cut filter for delivering color video during day time, and high-quality black and white video in low-light conditions.
• Intelligent video functionalities such as video motion detection, Advanced Gatekeeper and audio detection, as well as support for additional applications through AXIS Camera Application Platform .
• Outdoor-ready with IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings that ensure protection against dust, rain, snow and corrosion.
AXIS P5414-E is supported by the industry’s largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program,
AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The camera also includes support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.
Lena Hedén, PR Marketing Manager, Axis Communications
Phone: + 46 46 272 1800, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the market leader in network video, Axis is leading the way to a safer, smarter, more secure world — driving the shift from analog to digital video surveillance. Offering network video solutions for professional installations, Axis’ products and solutions are based on an innovative, open technology platform.
Axis has more than 1,400 dedicated employees in 40 locations around the world and cooperates with partners covering 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based IT company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com
© 2014 Axis Communications AB. All rights reserved